Write for The Essential Website
Thank you for your interest in being a guest writer on The Essential Website’s blog. Guest posts are published monthly and shared with our mailing list and on social media.
The scoop about our blog:
OUR READERS are small businesses and bloggers who are ready to grow and evolve. This includes those still in the dream phase to those who are just getting started to those who have been at it for a while. The goal of our blog is to educate, inspire, motivate, and connect.
TOPICS OF INTEREST for The Essential Website blog include social media tips and resources; SEO education and tools; how to operate a successful small business; client communication tips (i.e. scripts, project management tools, etc.); and easy, actionable steps geared towards growing or starting a small business.
Some popular categories are:
- Business Tips/Tools/Strategies
- Social Media Marketing
- Google (SEO, Analytics, etc.)
- Website Essentials
- Inspiration & Productivity as they relate to owning or running a small business
CONTENT should focus on the topics listed above, with the end goal for the reader being increased sales in their business, more site visitors, additional social media followers, more productivity, and other tips and tools to help their business shine and thrive.
This is not the place to sell [your own] products or services, but we will certainly add your bio and photo to give info about you and your biz. Our readers enjoy simple, actionable steps and motivational topics, and they benefit from viewing examples to see how things relate to or can work for them. If you have an image that you would like to include with your post that will help readers understand your point or instructions, please include it. (Note: Only include images you have the right to use.)
TO SUBMIT your post, please send/share it as an editable Google Doc. If you create it another program like Word, please copy and paste into a Google Doc.
We request the following when submitting a post:
- Title the doc with your name + the post title.
- Add your name, email, website, Facebook page, Instagram profile, and Twitter handle at the top of doc.
- Add a bio (up to 300 words) and headshot at the top of the doc.
- Include images (if any) that help explain what you’re talking about.
- If you don’t have a Gravatar, now’s the time to set one up! This way your photo will show up in the Author Bio below the post. (Your head shot is for our graphic.)
- Review above guidelines to ensure your post meets them.
- Review steps 1-5 to ensure you’ve completed them.
- Share your Google Doc including editing capabilities with firstname.lastname@example.org. (No need to email as well, we’ll get a notification when you have shared the doc.)
SMALL PRINT: By submitting your post to The Essential Website, you agree that your submission content is original, not previously published, and copyright free. You also agree that any post you write for The Essential Website will be exclusively for the use of The Essential Website and not published elsewhere unless granted written permission by us. We reserve the right to edit any piece submitted to The Essential Website.
AFTER SUBMISSION, we will review your post and let you know if it’s been accepted. If it is not a good fit for our audience, you can use the post on your own blog or to submit somewhere else. If accepted, we will make any necessary edits and schedule it to be published. You will be notified when it goes live, and we hope that you’ll be active in the comment section and share the post on social media.
We look forward to sharing your wisdom and fab content with The Essential Website audience!