Unreal as it sounds…’tis the season for website crashes! We’ve had 5…yes 5 clients whose websites have crashed (some more than once!) in the last month! You’ve guessed it, they’re now letting us secure and maintain their website!
Here’s the short version of the fiascos that happened recently to some nice people:
- Client 1: TWO website crashes (actually, website deletions) by their web host (Birch) moving things around to different servers, and they actually had the nerve to blame them (the client) for it! Then they did it again!
- Client 2: They had Birch for a web host too (they’ve since moved). Same thing that happened to Client 1.
- Client 3: Didn’t renew her web hosting…or backup subscription. They (the web host) said, “too bad, so sad.” And just like that – her site is completely gone!
- Client 4: Didn’t renew her hosting and, sadly, no backup. Ooops.
- Client 5: Got hacked and he didn’t even know it (even with a Wordfence scan) until we started re-building his website. Hackers infected him with malware which caused him to get blacklisted online! (He’s now off Google’s naughty list, and his website is safe.)
They aren’t the only ones. We see this stuff all of the time – others who don’t renew hosting, are hacked and don’t know it, and this guy who had a huge scare!
Luckily, they had us in their little black book. Now they’re all safe, secure and backed up!
What did we do to fix all of these messes (and pretty quickly I might add)? We told them about our Golden Maintenance Package.
Think you can’t afford it? Take a look at my Starbucks spending for November.
If you add this all up – I spent a whopping $167.36!! Yes, I’m a little embarrassed (and apparently really thirsty), but ‘gimme a break, I was doing a lot of traveling that month and it’s really my only vice.
One month of my habit could pay for over 2 months (or over 25% of the whole year) of web security!
Really, though…put the pencil to your own habits if you think you can’t afford to take care of your website. Maybe you could cut out a few coffees, pastries or tacos to pay for it! If you had to go through what our poor clients when through, it’s a no-brainer.
'Tis the season for website crashes. Think you can't afford security? Think again. #websecurity Click To Tweet
If you don’t have the time, can’t remember to, or you’re just not sure if you’re doing everything you need to do to keep your website safe like:
- regular backups to a secure place
- locking down your site with superior security
- monitoring for hackers, malware and other creepy crawlies
- doing (when it’s safe to do them) your updates to WordPress, your theme and your plugins
We can help!
To keep you from looking like this…
we’ve got the solution!
Your website’s safety is nothing to skip or skimp on. Take care of your biz now, save some $ and give yourself a little peace of mind.
PRO TIP: Use a reliable web host like SiteGround or Websavers. You’ll be amazed how much a good web host is worth its weight in gold! (Here’s why we love SiteGround and Websavers.)
Have a scary website war story? Tell us about it below!
Questions about the Golden Maintenance Package? We’re happy to help!