- The Custom Essential Website is for businesses that are ready to go pro and want a unique website with all the essentials.
- Our website solutions are ideal for businesses and bloggers looking for a clean, professional and personalized web presence.
- Those who recognize that your clients and readers need (and want!) to connect with you and your brand online.
- Those who want to make an investment that feels good.
- Those who know the importance of mobile responsive design.
- Those who have already tried to DIY or even tried out the big name “website for free” folks and are ready to do it right.
- You know the value of, and want to work with, professionals who are committed and dependable (like you) and will take time to understand your vision and needs.
- You do not have your copy and images and have no idea when they will be ready.
- You don’t want to invest in your business or you want to keep it under $500.
- You want everything for free/find no value in professional expertise and advice.
- You’ll contact us here and we’ll follow up with our Custom Web Design Questionnaire where you’ll tell us more about your project in detail.
- We’ll set up a Discovery Call to get to know each other and to clarify any questions.
- We’ll send over our proposal, contract and invoice. Once the first invoice is paid (if billed via multi-invoices), we’ll get started.
- You send us everything we need (which will be outlined for you clearly in our Clients Only website).
- We build and test your site.
- Your site launches and we all celebrate.
- You get instructions on how to maintain your site, plus lots of other goodies.
- See the full process for all of our website solutions here.
- Web design and development projects start at $6,000
- We offer Website in a Week (“Starter”) packages, please inquire for more information.
- Logo design starts at $650
- Website tweaks are charged hourly ($85/hour or $70/hour for Golden Maintenance Package clients)
- The Golden Maintenance Package is available for $60/month or $660/year
For most larger projects, we invoice 50% up front and 50% upon completion.
If you are unable to pay online, we can accept checks and will provide you with a mailing address.
PLEASE NOTE: Checks submitted for payment must clear before any work can begin. If a check is returned for insufficient funds, you will be charged a bounced check fee and must then make payment either by money order, cashier’s check or credit/debit card.
Domain: If you don’t already have your domain (your website URL), you can get it free when you sign up for hosting with SiteGround. GoDaddy has sales on domains all the time, and you can usually buy a domain for $2.99 the first year. However, they do require a 2-year minimum registration, and subsequent years are charged at $14.99/year. It’s totally ok to have your domain with one company and your hosting with another, but since SiteGround gives you your domain free when signing up for hosting, why not take that option?
Web Hosting: SiteGround (the web host we recommend) offers two plans that will likely work for most of our clients. The StartUp plan is $3.95/month, and the GrowBig plan is $7.95/month. We’ll help you choose the best plan for you…and the nice folks at SiteGround will too. You can see the full list of pricing and features here.
Fee-based plugins: If you choose one of our add-ons, please factor in those costs. As a reminder, here they are:
- Custom Logo Design: $500
- Basic Online Store/Ecommerce using Ecwid: $350 for set-up + monthly fee paid directly to Ecwid for more than 10 products
- Advanced Photo Grid/Portfolio Gallery: $125
- Advanced Form(s) with conditional logic, pricing fields, and more: $75+ per form
- Additional Simple/Short Form(s): $40 per form (One Simple Contact Form is included at no additional charge.)
Not included in these estimates are any fees for additional outside services for special features or functions you might need for your website.
- It is very important to invest in your business. If you take your business seriously and want it to look professional, it is important to hire a pro for the things you don’t know how to do, have time to do, or want to do.
- If you feel that our price is still too high for a professional website to be built for you, it might not be time to have a website…or even a business. Just like you would build in the costs for counter tops and insurance when buying a home, it’s important to build in costs for a website when you are a business owner (whether you are a virtual or brick and mortar business). Think of your website as a brochure that is accessible to the world, and that brochure provides important information as well as overall credibility.
- Sometimes when you start a new endeavor, you may not have any money. But, in many cases, you might need to pay up front for something essential to your business. Like many businesses have to get a loan, many also might opt to put initial expenses on a credit card and pay it as soon as the money starts rolling in. We are not advocating for going into debt. But we are advocating for investing in your business. You’re worth it, aren’t you?
Content and Design Questions
We CANNOT start on your site until we receive this information, so keep in mind that it’s never too early to get started so you’re ready to rock and roll as soon as we seal the deal!
This blog post will help you think of other things you may need, too.
- Visible Pages: Home, About, Work With Me/Services, Testimonials/Reviews/Praise, Portfolio/Gallery, FAQ, Contact, Two Blog Posts
- Behind the Scenes Pages: 404 (error), Almost Finished Subscribing, Thank You For Subscribing with opt-in freebie uploaded
- Sidebar: Opt-in form, social media feeds, photo, recent blog posts, blog categories drop-down, graphics, search field
- Footer: Copyright, recent posts, social media, search field
Product photos should be clear, show options (if any) and be professional. People should be able to see clearly what they’re buying.
For other photos/images throughout your site, please see the next question.
See this post for a list of stock photo sites (both free and paid) as well as links to free trials on the paid sites so you can at least get the photos you need to get started.
If types of photos/images are confusing, read this, it’ll explain the differences between JPEG and PNG and other helpful information.
Bonus: We include some stock photos with our website designs. See all the details here.
Learn more about creating the perfect color palette here and get our top resources for inspiration too.
Keep in mind that if your website is not hosted with a reputable host (in which case we will strongly encourage you to switch), you may be susceptible to higher security risks.
Ultimately, it is crucial to understand that SEO is an ongoing process and one that takes time, patience, knowledge, and flexibility (because the rules of SEO change frequently). The Essential Website does not guarantee search engine results or rankings, but we will do our best to set up a good SEO foundation. Learn the basics of SEO and how you can keep your pages and posts, and website images optimized.
Logos can take 2 weeks or longer, depending on the complexity of the design and your response time.
Tweaks turnaround time will depend on the nature and extent of the tweaks.
NOTE: We typically don’t take/schedule in-person meetings because of the digital/virtual nature of our business, and we want to ensure that we are dedicating the maximum time possible for client work.
Once you’ve contacted us and completed our initial inquiry form, we are happy to set up a time for a Discovery Call on the phone or Skype to go over the specifics so that we can get started with your project. Click here to schedule a call.